Feed better outcomes in education catering
Every Bursar and Higher Education Finance Manager knows an in-house catering operation can generate unforeseen costs that leave budgets strained. Caternet is easy-to-use eProcurement software that covers the planning, operation and reporting of day-to-day education catering and special events – from sports and Leadership meetings to open days, banquets and summer schools.
What can catering management software do?
Caternet empowers schools, colleges, universities and student unions to procure ingredients at today’s prices, cost dishes, create flash reports, eliminate wastage, and even track student nutrition through the procure-to-pay process.
- Prove Value For Money to Leadership After agreeing your individual ROI measures, our operational control management supports you from budget plan to
checkoutand enables you to benefit from our budget alerts – eliminating time wastage, inaccuracies, and delivering cost savings.
- Streamline Procurement Guarantee the best-priced goods and services for all your organisational purchasing with Caternet’s bespoke, user-friendly live price guide and paperless purchase order system.
- Govern spend to comply with Cost Reduction targets Our software gives your authorised personnel the online ability to create orders whilst seeing what the cost is, with live data, and how that measures up against their agreed budget allowances.
- Meet School Food Plan Impact Areas Caternet integrates with your chosen EPoS & Payments Suppliers. Track take-up of lunch data,
record sales through your cashless payment system, ensure breakfast clubs are financially self-sufficient, use digital recipe cards to train Head Teachers, Principals, and Management.
- Forecast and manage stock to Minimise Food Waste Automate your stock management, just-in-time order supplies, after service re-stocking and transfers across all your stock locations, as well as maintaining internal trading lists. Caternet’s software enables you to make informed decisions with instant data and swift, accurate forecasting.
- Save time and m
oneyCaternet users frequently reduce their annual spend by 5-15%. Plus, steamliningyour activities (by eradicating manual processes) means Operations can save an average of 40 hours per month in admin time.
- Allergens and Nutrition Data with Recipe Builder Did you know that 3% of all children are allergic to milk?* Caternet’s allergy alerts are automated before you buy ingredients, and when you buy Recipe Builder module – removing the concern of meeting current and future legislation.
Visit our allergies homepage and discover tools to build recipes and track nutrition. Food allergies: act now
How Harrow School tracks food spend and nutrition for 850 students
When Harrow School required software to migrate their catering requirements online without affecting their culture, Caternet had the reputation to match.
“We collectively save time and money by using the online ordering platform. We purchase from preferred local and national suppliers, easily compare prices and Accounts get the data instantly to pay suppliers.”
Read the case study
Act now: talk to us
Trusted by hundreds of education providers, Caternet, Powered by Zupa was designed by operational experts, chefs and restaurant owners, and is continually developed in-house by Microsoft experts.
*Source: Open Government Licence